MY MAKEUP : Matte Prague
Photos by : Miks Ramāns
What a lovely colour is pink !
(We can stop here. But no.)
Few days ago, which was actually last week (this is the thing with beginnings of weeks - on Monday even Sunday was last week instead of just yesterday and it sounds so old !), we went out for some photoshooting with a new Peppercakes team member who hopefully will stay with us for a lo-ong time. I decided to try out little bolder makeup than I usually wear and instead of making an accent on either lips or eyes, went for gradient afternoon shades and matte lips, excluding cheeks of the game.
I used mostly NYX products which I am becoming bigger and bigger fan (especially those Matte Lip Creams, aren't they just genius ?) plus some of my personal products. I am not an ambassador of any brand so I am free to choose anything I like and truly stand for.
Here is what, how and why step by step !
1. Base is essential as it evens skin and prepares it for applying foundation. I usually choose HD white Primer as it enhances skin tone but today I used the silicone base because my skin felt quite dry and rough. For eyes I took my favourite HD base, as always.
2. Tone is the biggest part of makeup - no eye shadow technique, nor perfect red lips can save uneven skin with not matching colour !
3. Last Hit of skin-tone concealer under eyes and on nose to hide those dark / red imperfections before decoration.
4. No Blush or there will be too much colour on face BUT I emphasised cheekbones with powder blush instead of contouring set and added little glow with liquid illuminator to look more lively.
5. Here Comes the Eyes (in my head it sounds like a wedding march "here comes the bride" but you can totally skip this note !). Very easy 3 colour grading - lighter shade under eyebrows, medium shade on lids and darker shade in corners, smudging into crease (and extra shimmer on top optional !). Open up eyes with waterproof white pencil on bottom inner lash line and define bottom lash line with waterproof black eye pencil (by the way these pencils are not so ordinary - they can be worn as eyeliners too because of special gel formula that makes them more soft and easy to apply). Draw graceful line on upper lid (as I imagine it - with one smooth stroke - which almost never happens in real life) and finish with black mascara !
6. Finally Lips. No special technique - primer, pencil and colour. I have no idea why this colour is called Prague but it is definitely one of the most perfect pink tones - not too light, not too dark and very Peppercakes-y.
Hop-hop some pics with makeup and see you soon with a new look in a very Autumnish surrounding ! (Yellow leaves MAY be included...).