MY MAKEUP : Christmas Party
Photos by : MIKS RAMĀNS
One of the best things about Christmas is it lengths - 3 days is the greatest timing and I wish all holidays could last so long. Family dinner, friends meeting, romantic evening - you can have it all ! And if you try more, you could even squeeze in a Christmasy event or / and a party.
My winter makeup is usually more accented on eyes - brown and grey smokey shades with some sparkles make a wonderful festive look. This holiday season I am going for what is called "smokey contrast" - smokey eyes with bright accent and sparkles. This is quite bold look, so I am not adding blush, just little contour and using natural lip tone.
Here is what, how and why step by step !
1. Prepare Face with primer, foundation and eye base, appropriate for your skin type and tone. I used HD products as they are long lasting and reliable.
2. Accent your features by highlighting T-zone and shading area under cheekbones and both sides of nose. Even little H&C will make big difference, especially on photos !
3. Line eyes on upper and bottom lashline and then draw little "V" on outer and inner corner of eyes. Smudge all lines so they gradually disappear on inner sides but are well defined on outer sides.
4. Use dark shadow on inner and outer corners of eyes.
5. Use medium shadow to make gradient blend with darkest shadow on inner and outer corners of eyes. Also apply medium shadow on crease to make smooth colour transition upwards. The same goes under bottom lashline too !
6. Use bright colour just in the centre of upper eye lid. This will brighten the look and make your eyes pop !
7. Add sparkles on the brightes are in the centre of eyes. You can use diamond powder or sparkly eyeshadow, as I did. This is what really adds festive dimension to the makeup !
8. Final touch of mascara (ups, forgot the pic !).
9. Emphasise lips with natural lip pencil and calm lip gloss.
10. Powder it up with light finishing powder which will fixate all makeup and remove any unnecessary shine, so only sparkles will be your eyes !
Remember that real beauty comes from smile and kind eyes, so be happy, be lovely and be yourselves ! Wishing you amazing holidays, my Beauties !